After our Feb. 18 meeting, members voted on the following schedule for the 2017 Old Bird season.
We will hire the Louisville Club to haul our birds. Shipping is Friday night for Saturday races with exceptions on the 400 and 500.
4/22/2017 140 GOODLETTSVILLE
4/29/2017 140 GOODLETTSVILLE
5/6/2017 200 COLUMBIA
5/13/2017 200 COLUMBIA
5/20/2017 250 DECATUR
5/27/2017 300 ARKADELPHIA
6/3/2017 400 MONTGOMERY
6/4/2017 500 OZARK
THE 400 &500 WILL BE THE SAME WEEKEND. THE 400 LET OUT ON SATURDAY AND THE 500 ON SUNDAY.
- The distances above are from the release station to Louisville and will be longer for Lex/NKY.
- For this season only, the club voted to pay members $25 to take our birds to Louisville on shipping nights. Volunteers so far are David Stephenson, Gary Potts and Tony Horn. We are looking for more volunteers.
- Shipping limit this season is 25 birds.
- Cost for the season will be in the $50-$60 range PER FLYER depending on how many commit.
- Our next meeting will be on March 25 at 5 p.m. We will collect race fees at this meeting so please be prepared to commit to flying the 2017 old bird season on this date and bring your fee money with you. Of course, if more people unexpectedly drop from flying, the costs will go up.
- Young bird auctions will be held on shipping nights of April 29 and May 6. If you bring birds to the auction, you are responsible for the opening bid of $20.